HOW WE DO IT
MobilityXlab is looking for the world’s best startups to join us in our quest of bringing future mobility closer.
MobilityXlab offers a 6-month innovation program, with two “batches” per year. The selected startups go on a journey with MobilityXlab who will facilitate all meetings and checkpoints. From the start of the program, you will get an assigned partner lead, an internal champion responsible for the continuous progress of your collaboration.
DISCOVER – VALIDATE – ACCELERATE!
The program is divided into three phases. First is the Discover phase, which will take about one month. This is where you as a startup together with the partner company set the scope, and agree on NDA and budget for the POC. The second phase is the Validation phase, during which you conduct the POC to demonstrate the feasibility of your solution.
Depending on the scope, the second phase can take several months. The longer-term goal for our program is for startups to accelerate together with our partner companies. After 6 months, a startup can get a 6-month extension, or become Alumni and remain a member of MobilityXlab’s community for the future.
Admission: 2 batches per year with admission in January and August.
Program length: 6 months, may be extended up to 12 months if there is good progress in the project(s).
Next application: 8 February 2023 (Batch 11 starts August 2023).
Fee: 0 – we take no fee/no equity.
Requirements: Functioning prototype, registered company (in any country), able to show traction (POCs/pilots with OEMS/Tier 1), base funding to cover at least the program period.
Startups will be invited to join if a minimum of two partners vote for your solution.
WE WELCOME STARTUPS
FROM ALL COUNTRIES AND STAGES
MobilityXlab is funded by our partner companies and supported by the Region Västra Götaland and Vinnova (Sweden’s Innovation Agency). We take no fee or equity from our portfolio startups. Our innovation program is stage agnostic, meaning that it is for startups and emerging companies in stages from seed to series C.
JOIN THE PROGRAM
Being a portfolio startup in MobilityXlab’s community brings many benefits. We will give you:
- The opportunity to collaborate with our partners, seven leading industry companies, for six months with the goal of validating your solution in proof-of-concepts/pilots, and a potential commercial partnership
- Single point of contact at MobilityXlab, designated to give you full project support
- Dedicated industry lead/mentor
- Increased visibility and exposure through co-branding in media, events, and exhibitions
- Invites to exclusive community activities and access to the network of global startups in our alumni community
- Possibilities to travel along with our delegation to tech events worldwide
- Contacts to our partner’s venture capital
- Exclusive access to free services from our contributors
- Free usage of our modern collaborative office at Lindholmen/Gothenburg, Sweden
KEY DATES FOR BATCH 11
8 February: Application opens
22-24 February: Reversed Pitch - partners explaining their needs
20 March: Application closes
19 April: Pitch selection deadline
2-5 May: Pitch Week
31 May: Startup selection deadline
14 June: Batch announcement (press release)
23 August: Kickoff (in Gothenburg, Sweden)
Find more information about MobilityXlab on our FAQ or contact: